"As a football coach, I have had the good fortune of bringing young men together from different backgrounds to achieve a common goal – becoming a team.

"I have struggled to express the feelings and emotions with the events that have occurred over the past several days. My deepest condolences to the Floyd family. I am a father, and also a coach to many players both past and present who have enriched my life, and I am thankful for that.

"I’ve had players from around the country with a variety of backgrounds and have truly enjoyed working with and serving those quality young men. I encourage these men to go be leaders and make a positive impact in the world.

"My heart hurts as I reflect on the racism that still exists in this country and the civil unrest we currently find ourselves in. Regardless of race and color we cannot keep turning a blind eye to those that need our support through words and actions now more than ever.

"God Bless."